*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 16 September 2019

Day 36. Time to say "Goodbye"

Hello family, friends and followers.

Wow what a brilliant weekend we had at The Samuel Barlow, Alvecote. it finished last night with a sing along, chatter and of course beer, but we were both on the Lime and Soda for a change, because the OH had a dodgy tum.
After some overnight rain, this morning we woke to low cloud and therefore drizzle, but it was time to say "Goodbye" to The Samuel Barlow for this year. We left the marina at 8.30am behind Sarah on Princess Anne and caught her up at Glascote Locks, where I helped lock her down and sent her on her way.
Sarah was going a different way to us, but we will see her again in a couple of weeks time.
Glascote bottom locks cottage is up for sale. I love that little cottage and hope it finds a sympathetic owner.
At 10.20am we arrived at Fazeley Junction. We turned left onto the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal for the first time in absolute ages.
We then arrived at Curdworth Locks at around 11.30am.
The Curdworth Locks are easy pretty locks. we had most of the 11 locks against us and only saw two other boats.
We moored up above the top lock at 2.10pm, for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we will be heading into Birmingham.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails