*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 15 September 2019

Day 35: Russell Newbury Engine Rally.

Hello family, friends and followers.

THANK YOU for the Anniversary best wishes. It is very much appreciated.

Having enjoyed our meal at the Samuel Barlow, we decided to stay on for the Russell Newbury Engine Rally. We had been moored out on the towpath, but had a bad night's sleep with the goods trains being on the move so close to the boat for most of the night, so we untied and moored along Brighton the Narrowboat Trust butty, but as boats arrived for the rally, we realised we were becoming a target for winding boats, so moved past the marina and to a nice quiet mooring. I then got a message from the marina owner, to say we could moor in the marina by the pub to improve the view. So on Friday morning, we pootled down to Glascote to go food shopping at Aldi, winded and made our way back to a mooring in the marina. It was so very kind of the owner to allow us in and into such a wonderful spot. Throughout the day more boats with Russell Newbury engines arrived, some who were people we knew and had not seen for ages, which meant we would be doing a lot of catching up.
The weekend has been filled with beer, chatter and laughter.
Last night we were treated to a fantastic and vibrant sunset. The view from the balcony was stunning. Rhe RN group had a buffet meal, which we did not take part in, but we did do the raffle, which we did not win anything in and we listened to some of the wonderful music played by the talented RN group.
Today, it has been another day of chatting, laughing and drinking, beer and tea. We had a lovely time onboard Uranus with Meg, Paul, Viv, Paul and Sarah. Meg and Paul supplied the tea and coffee and I supplied a Victoria Sandwich, which I baked on Saturday morning. Tonight we will be joining the gang again for one last hurrah, before we all go ou seperate ways. Our journey will take us into Birmingham again, so watch this space for updates.

Pop back soon. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails