*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 10 September 2019

Day 30: A long Day.

Hello family, friends and followers.

I must be feeling my age, because I was in bed last night just after 9.15pm. I was feeling so tired and not myself, so decided the best place was bed. I did have a good nights sleep, but woke up this morning with a dodgy right knee. This is the knee which was damaged in a moped accident and the knee which I had the cartlidge removed. I am hoping it will settle down over the next couple of days.
Despite the dodgy knee, we were up and on our way at 8am.
We were down the Braunston Locks in just over an hour, even though they were all against us but the final lock, where the volunteers were on duty.
Just before Rugby we met up with Del and Al on Derwent 6. It has been an absolute age, since we saw them last, so it was so wonderful to say a quick "Hello" and swap cruising details.
We had been making such good progress and then we arrived at Hillmorton Locks to find ourselves in a queue. Three of the locks were out of action due to a cill failure and one of the working locks was dodgy due to the walking plank being very loose. I was told by one of the C&RT men that they are having issues in getting spare parts, so it does not bode to well for what remains of the season. It took over an hour and half to do three locks.
We decided to get through Hawkesbury Junction before stopping for the day. We are moored at Hawkesbury visitor moorings on the Coventry canal, 23.9 miles, 10 locks, 1 tunnel, 10 hours 15 mins. A long old day, with thrill and spills, bumps and scratches.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails