*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 26 September 2019

Day 46: Getting ready.

Hello family, friends and followers.

The Black Country Living Museum is probably our second home. We come here at least three to four times a year and love every moment of it. This coming weekend, we are going to be enjoying the Historic Boat Rally at the museum and in order to do that, we have been helping to move the historic boats into the arm.
It is another chance to catch up with fok, who we will not see for a while. For many this will be the last rally this year.
Dan one of the museum horses enjoying his dinner.
One of the piggies snuffling in the mud. Not sure if this is Christmas or Boxing  Day. But so very sweet anyway.
We are expecting quite a few boats at the museum over the weekend, but the weather at the moment is definitely not looking promising. As boaters we will just enjoy ourselves anyway and we will ignore the rain and wind forecast. Apparently we may also be joined by a large contingent of motorbikes on Sunday. Someone today said there were 500 turning up. That will be a sight to see.
This morning we walked up to Aldi to do a food shop which will see us set fair for a while. I also filled the water tank and did a laundry wash whilst the generator was on this morning for an hour. We hare having to run the generator twice a day for an hour, because our batteries are dying. They have done us six years and so we are now having to think about saving for new ones come the new boating season.
Who say's living on a boat is cheap?
Come November we will be on our new mooring on the electric, so dud batteries will not matter so much, but we will need new batteries come March.
With the weekend almost here, I hope you have a good one and I will see you on the other side.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails