*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 16 December 2018

Lovely weekend.

Hello friends and followers.

We creep ever closer to Christmas Day and New Year, knowing all the time that we have prepared for weeks for it all to be over in the blink of an eye and the only thing we will have to show for it is several inches on the hips and gifts we will never find a use for. But on the other hand, it is a good excuse to veg out in front of the TV and eat what we like, knowing full well we will deal with the extra pounds in the New Year. I for one will definitely be looking to shed the pounds in the New Year. I will not be wasting my money on going to the gym though.

I have had a fabulous weekend. It all began on Saturday morning, with my usual cuppa in bed whilst watching the news and weather. The weather was all doom and gloom, with freezing rain and strong winds forecast. Oh joy of joy and there was us going out for lunch. Having gotten out of a nice warm bed into a cold cabin, I wasted no time in getting dressed and lighting the back cabin stove, which soon got the cabin nice and snug. Even on freezing mornings, like Saturday morning, I always loved walking our boy Paddy. I really miss not walking him in the mornings. Having sorted both fires. I turned my attention to making some homemade soup, which would be eaten over the weekend. There is nothing like a nice homemade soup to warm the cockles of the heart.
We were eating out for lunch, so I dressed warm and for the occasion. We left the boat at 11.30am and walked into town to meet up with our friends for lunch at Ask Italian. It was a superb meal from their festive range, with a glass of prosecco thrown in for good measure. Three hours flew by as we ate, laughed and chatted over our meal and drinks. There is nothing like getting together with friends at this time of the year. I am not one for huge parties, but small get togethers are so lovely. Whilst we were so busy enjoying ourselves, we failed to notice that the weather had taken a definite down turn, because it was throwing it down with rain. Our walk home was a wet one, the only upside was it did not turn into freezing rain, otherwise we would have skated home or broken a hip whilst trying to skate home. Back on the boat, our coats, hats and gloves were hung in the back cabin to dry, the kettle was put on for coffee. We settled down in front of the TV for the rest of the day with our feet up. I for one was full to the brim, and rather mellow.
During the night we had a heck of a lot of rain, which tested out our new sheeting perfectly. The sheeting passed with flying colours.
Today (Sunday), began as every morning does with a cuppa. The forecast was much more encouraging. We did have a frosty start, but the temperature was set to rise. Both stoves lit and the kettle on the boil, today was going to be a day of doing very little. The OH was busy working on his railway and I got on with finishing another blanket for the Border Collie Trust.
The blanket was made with donated wool and is my last blanket of 2018. I will begin making more blankets in 2019. I already have four blankets ready to send in the New Year. I hope to make many more blankets next year. I want to thank everyone who has sent or given me wool this past few months. I could not make the blankets without the donated wool, so a huge thank you.
Whilst crocheting the last blanket for 2018, I watch Battle of Britain and The Green Berets. I am not watching Christmas movies just yet, otherwise I will be bored stiff with them by the time the big day arrives. We are still hoping to go cruising for Christmas, so I will post when we are going out.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails