*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 17 April 2019

Day 39: Stayed put.

Hello family, friends and followers.

It has been a stay put day.
We had a leisurely morning, with our usual cuppa before getting up and beginning our day. After the usual boat chores, we got on with greasing the propshaft joint and nipples, because they have not been done for a while. I also checked the gearbox oil and gave it a bit of a top up. With the floorboards back down, the lino got a much needed wash, before the rag rugs went back down.
Whilst having a coffee, I heard a toot toot of a horn.
It was Ruth and Richard on Mountbatten and Jellicoe, who were coming through and mooring up ready for a fuel delivery tomorrow.
After they were moored up and sorted, we paid them a visit and had a wonderful natter over coffee. I think we managed to out the world to right and no toilets were discussed for a change, because that is where most boaters conversations end up.
After lunch, Ruth and Richard came down to see the railway, so we decided we would get two bottles of gas from them, which Richard kindly delivered to the boat. We then spent more time nattering. When you have not seen someone for a while, there is always loads to chat about, including the festivals we may see each other at throughout the Summer. As it turns out, we will see them at a couple this year, so lots more chatting to be done.
Tomorrow we will be on the move again.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails