*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 22 April 2019

Day 44: Nottingham to Holme Lock. 1.6 miles 2 locks

Hello family, friends and followers.
The photograph above is of the sunset last night, which was our last night in Nottingham as we go on our way down onto the River Trent.
With not far to go, we did not set off until 10.15am. The sun was shining and it was incredibly warm for April. Another year older and yet I still feel the same. Age is just a number in my opinion. As long as I can work locks and pull the boat in on a mooring, I will always be 21 in my head.
On our way. You may notice a heck of a lot of rubbish in the background. That was left all over the ground following a busy weekend. People really do disgust me, with their attitude to putting their rubbish in the bin which was close by. Or better still if the bin is full take the litter home and put it in your own bin. Arghhhhh.
Into Meadow Lane Lock, all ready to go out onto the River Trent.
After an hour and a half on the move, we moored up at Holme Lock. Our friends Jenny and Dave came across and invited us to join them for lunch and a coffee, which was so lovely of them. We locked the boat up and went over to their boat on the residential moorings. A lot was chatted and laughed about over lunch. It is always such a joy to see them.

Later in the afternoon, we went for a walk around the National Water Sports Centre, where people were in their canoe's.
It is somewhere I could quite easily sit all day and watch people wrestling with the water and the poles, which they duck between on there way down the course. We will be off again tomorrow morning.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails