*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 30 April 2019

Day 52. Pastures Lock to Langley Mill.

Hello family, friends and followers.

We woke this morning to the roar of a train passing by and fog. We both slept incredibly well, which was no surprise having done the locks yesterday, which were challenging at times due to the weight of the gates. I definitely need to eat more Spinach or Weetabix. The gates are very much like the Grand Union Gates near us, but heavier.
We left our overnight mooring at 9.20am, I think much to annoyance of the fisherman, who had been fishing at the lock mouth with his camera going. After went went past him, he decided to pack up and move.
The Erewash has some lovely scenery and is very quiet. We only saw two boats on the move.
Head room at some of the bridges is limited, requiring us to take the engine exhaust off and the back cabin chimney. But other than that, there were no issues.
I made us some lunch on the move between locks and coffee was on tap, because I had the back cabin stove lit with the Copper kettle on the boil.
We got to the top of the Erewash Canal at 2pm and were met by our lovely friends Irene and Ian on FreeSpirit. They heard us coming, before they saw us. They very kindly helped us up through the top lock and we are now moored alongside them for a day or two.
Having moored up, we had a coffee and a good old catch-up with Irene and Ian. There is always plenty of things to natter and laugh about. It is so lovely at Langley Mill and we are looking forward to a good look around. Also up here is Reverie canal trading co, working on their butty Lyra. It was lovely to catch up with them both and we will see them again whilst we are here. Tonight we are eating out, which I know for a fact I deserve having worked the locks today. I will have muscles on muscles soon.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails