*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 16 May 2018

Day 53: Broken Down.

Hello Friends and Followers.

I knew it was all going far to well.
We had a fabulous couple of days at Upton-upon-Severn with our friends Carole and Adrian who were moored on the outside of us. We enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch at Ye Olde Anchor Inn washed down with a pint of Doombar Ale.
I had been looking around the town for rocks and came across three.


They will all be re-hidden on our journey.
We set off Monday morning to head towards Gloucester, enjoying a beautiful sunny cruise.
Having arrived at Upper Lode Lock, we entered the lock with our friends and another boat. Whilst we waited for the lock to empty we turned our engine off to allow the lock keeper to chat to the other boaters who were going into Gloucester Docks. Our problem came about when we tried to restart Hadar's engine. The starter motor was not working properly and therefore did not get the old girl going. Thankfully our friends Carole and Adrian breasted up with us and got us out of the lock and down onto the pontoon moorings at Lower Lode Inn. Adrian and Keith tried to find out the problem with the starter motor, but it was dead and was not going to revive, so we had to phone the engineer who fitted it almost 11 years ago. He had said that he would be with us either Tuesday or tomorrow (Thursday), so we will keep our fingers crossed. He is on the case which is the main thing.
The owner of the pub and caravan park, has been very kind at allowing us to use her Elsan and we have water on the pontoon. We have plenty of food on board, but I can always get a tesco delivery if all else fails. Oh the joys of boating. Hopefully we will be on our way soon.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails