*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 21 September 2018

Change of venue.

Hello Friends and Followers.

Blimey what a night we have just had. Talk about lashing it down. I reckon it was lashing, on top of lashing all night. I kept waking up due to the wind and rain. I was amazed this morning to see the place in one piece to be honest it was so bad. Thankfully all was well on board and there was no damage around about. I hope you all coped ok with Storm Ali and her antics?

Another morning and what a change. The wind had dropped and the sun was shining. It was as though Ali had been nowhere near us. Up with the lark, it was out with his lordship for his first walk and then I headed into Tipton, to drop some bits off at one of the charity shops. Of course I had a quick nosey around, but there was nothing there to take my fancy.
With boat jobs done, we spent another lovely day in the BCLM (Black Country Living Museum) and for the most part it was dry and sunny, but there was a definite Autumn chill in the air. After lunch we decided to have a pint in the pub and got chatting to a lovely lady and her brother-in-law. He was over from Australia and she had lived in Birmingham for over 50 years, but had never been to the BCLM until today. She said she would definitely be coming back again.
Come the end of the day, I was making us something to eat, when I heard a boat winding and thought I would be nosey. It turned out to be Narrowboat Tardibigge, who had come into the moorings looking for us. They had found us a mooring at the festival site.
So without a to do we untied, said "Cheerio" to BCLM, winded and headed into Tipton and our mooring for the weekend.
When we got there there was a boat moored up, but we slipped up his inside, because he was not booked into the event and I found out from the boat owner, he was not going to be there for the weekend anyway, which seemed a little odd. Why moor up at a festival, if you have no plan on being there. His instruction to us was "When you leave, can you just put our boat in your place", which of course we will do and he did apologise for taking our festival spot. So here we are for what will be our first Tipton festival, which I am very much looking forward to. I just hope the weather plays fair for everyone.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails