*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 20 September 2018

More BCLM fun.

Hello Friends and Followers.

I know yesterday's post was short and sweet, but that was all I had time for after  busy old day. Our day ended with a visit from Ian and Irene off of Free Spirit. We sat drinking coffee and having a good old chinwag about anything and everything. They also got to see Keith's railway up close and personal. I do so hope it will not be so long before we see them again.

Today began as pretty much most days begin and that was with the first brew of the day and a natter about what the plan was for the day.
It began damp, as we had had some heavy overnight rain and to be honest it went downhill from there.
Once up, Paddy got his walk and breakfast. He is still giving us concern over his water works, but he is elderly and so we must expect these things.
Storm Ali made her presence with copious amounts of rain as the morning moved into the afternoon and the wind was picking up, so it was a good day to look around indoors at the museum and the houses, followed by a fish and chip lunch.
Lovely vehicles in the dry.
It was then onto the cottages and the roaring fires on such a nasty wet day. I felt so sorry for the school parties walking around the site. There were going to be some very soggy children going home on the coaches.
With is spending time in the cottages, there was lots of catching-up done with the people we have gotten to know at the museum. I honestly think if we lived closer to the museum, I would love to work there, with everyday being different. We could volunteer, but it is too far to come. However we do sometimes help out with the boats, because we both have a lot of knowledge to pass on. Tomorrow I think we will be doing the same if the weather forecast is correct. At the moment it is lashing it down outside. I have lit the fire and now we are nice and snug inside the boat.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails