*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 13 September 2018

Going there and back.

Hello Friends and Followers.

As the title of the post says we are going there and back again. We are off out on our Autumn cruise, after a busy and sometimes hectic Heritage Weekend. Even with that weekend done and dusted, there is still all the clearing up to do and the raffle prizes to sort and pick the winners. Anyway it was all sorted out and now we are out cruising for a few weeks.
We left our mooring at 9am and headed for the first of the Hatton Locks along with Neil and his friend Mark on Silver Sun. We set off up the flight to half way, where there was a boat in front of us, so we decided we would stop in the lock and have a coffee and cake, to allow the other boat to get ahead by a couple of locks. We were joined by David a volunteer lock keeper, who happily accepted some of my homemade Coffee and Walnut cake, whilst we waited. After the much needed refreshment, we were off again up the remainder of the locks. In all it took us three and a half hours, which considering most of the locks were against us was pretty good going.
We left the top lock and set off for Tom O' the wood 24 hour moorings.
Having moored up, we did a few jobs and then headed to the Tom O' the wood inn for a much needed pint, with Neil and Mark. It is amazing how much there is to natter about over a pint and before we knew it, it was 5pm and time to head home to feed Paddy. This is our first cruise out since Marmite died and it has felt strange not having her on board.
Tomorrow we will be off again.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails