*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 11 January 2011

Australian Floods.

Hi Friends.

We all moan about the weather, no matter whether it is to hot, to wet or to cold, but my thoughts are very much with the Austrailian's caught up in the floods. (CLICK)

I have family and friends in Austrailia and this morning I was so pleased to get an e-mail from my oldest friend Hilary who is caught up in the floods in Queensland. Hilary and I have been friends since we were at Primary School. We went through schooling together and spent much of our childhood together and have remained in contact ever since.
Thankfully Hilary and her family live on a hill, but they are cut off and are running low on food supplies. The main thing is they are at the moment dry and safe.
According to the news Nine people have lost their lives, which is appauling. Here we have been battling the Big freeze as the news likes to put it and on the otherside of the world they are battling the floods. It appears Mother Nature is fighting back with everything she has and in some way's who can blame her, when we treat her with such contempt. If you are caught up in the Australian flood my thoughts are with you, Please stay safe and do not take any risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails