*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 9 January 2011

Living life and the news.

Hi there friends from around the world.

Time to start living my life by the words I always heard as a child..."look after those who look after you".

This was written by a friend on her Facebook page and I cannot help but think she is so right. I have spent most of my 48+ years trying to please everyone one all of the time. Maybe this year it is time to follow her advice. Ot just maybe I will start to look out for No1 only.... Yeah right, like that will ever happen. I am a giver not a taker, which has been my downfall far to often. But I do think we should all look after those who look after us more. So I made my other half a coffee he he he ;0).

Last night there was nothing of real interest on TV so Keith and I settled down to watch Avatar and wow what a film. It is one of the best films I have ever seen. I can understand why there was so much hype about the film, because it was truly amazing and well worth the money we paid for it.

So here we are on another Sunday and it is a cold one. There was a heavy frost on the ground and patches of the thawing canal have frozen again. But it also meant the sun was shining when we woke up this morning. I woke blurry eyed to the thud of footsteps running along the towpath. It was the first time I really thought about how heavy footed some joggers are when they run. This must have a huge impact on their ankles, knees and hips. That is why I am not a jogger or runner. I want my joints to last until my dying day ;0). Of course it is each to there own, but I never see the point in jogging when I can walk. So with the early morning joggers sweating their eyeballs out, I leisurely got out of bed and put the generator on, because the batteries were low, we discovered why when Keith went into the hold to get Paddy's breakfast biscuits. I had left the light on all night, grrrrr smacked wrist. Anyway the generator kicked into life and soon the batteries were being charge, so not a huge disaster. Having walked his lordship, I sorted out both of the fire's. The back stove was only just showing a glimmer of hope and so I was gentle with it as I raked out the ash. Having left the bottom door open for half an hour, it had become a roaring inferno, so I stoked it up with coal, the smokey kind which fills your lungs with the memories of a past childhood. I do love to see the sulphrous smoke spewing out of the chimney. I am so easily pleased ha ha ha. I can imagine that it has the jogger's coughing their lungs up as they drag their aching bodies past the boat. As I am sat here typing this early post, Eight jogger's have past by and at least a dozen walkers. I wonder how many of them are trying to stick to their New Year's Resolution?

In the News
My thoughts go out to the family of the congress woman in the US who is fighting for her life after being shot in the head. Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords was shot at close range at a public meeting in a Tucson supermarket. (CLICK) My thoughts are also with those who also lost their lives in the incident. What makes someone do this to another human being?

The murder of Jo Yeates has touched everyone and yet still the Police are no closer to catching her killer. Someone out there knows something and possibly know who did this awful act. Her brother has spoken today of the loss. (CLICK) 


A grandfather has given part of his Liver to his grandson in a hope that it will save his life. John Targett, of Ashford, Kent, donated part of his Liver in a hope that it will offer life to his Fourteen-month-old grandson Owen Targett (CLICK)
This is such a lovely story and I sincerly hope that the transplant works and little Owen will go on to live a long and happy life.

I am now off to get some jobs done, so chat later maybe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails