*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 29 January 2011

Saturday Bake Day.

Hello Friends old and new.

With the temperature getting down to -6c overnight, once more the canal has a film of ice on it. Just as well we had no plans to move today.
I had allsorts of ideas on what to do today, and as always first on my list of things to do was walk Paddy up the towpath. Just as I stepped off of the boat, I could hear a boat crashing through the ice. NB Red Red Wine made short work of the ice as it headed for Crick Tunnel. If you have never heard ice on the hull of a boat, it is an eerie sort of noise as it cracks against the steel. From inside the boat it sounds a lot louder.
After toast for breakfast, I walked up to the Post Office to post a Birthday card and to get some frozen peas. It was one thing I did not order when I placed my Tesco food order and I always like to keep peas in the freezer for emergencies.
Back on board, I decided that Saturday was going to be my baking day instead of Sunday. So I began with making my Lemon Drizzle Cake.
Lemon Drizzle Cake.
4oz Butter.
4oz Caster Sugar.
6oz Self Rasing Flour
2 Lemons.
Vanilla Essence.
3 Eggs.
Icing Sugar.
Cream the Butter and Sugar together and add a little Vanilla Essence. Add the grated Lemon rind. Add the 3 eggs and beat into the mixture. Fold in the Flour and pur the mixture into a baking tin. Whilst the cake is baking, put the juice from the Lemons into a saucepan and add Icing Sugar to taste. Once the Icing Sugar has desolved remove from the heat. No sooner the cake is cooked, leave it in the tin and prick the top all over. Pour the Lemon juice over the top and allow the cake to soak up the juice before removing the cake from the tin. You can also do the same with Oranges.
Second on my baking list was a Rubarb Crumble for Pudding.
At the moment it is waiting to go in the back stove oven. I already have some Pork Chops cooking in a red Wine gravy in there, so the Crumble will have to wait for a bit. Whilst I was doing all of this, I also swept the floor and did all the washing up. Oh and I delivered coal to a customer who was collecting by car. Unfortunately my crumpets went cold and hard whilst gone, so I had to re-toast them on my return. Maybe tomorrow it will be a quiet day as I will have no baking to do ;0).
Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails