*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 19 March 2012

Sad News.

If you have been through Wardle Lock at the very end of the Middlewich Branch, you will know of or even met Maureen Shaw, who lived in the Lock Cottage for many years. Maureen moved out of the cottage about a year ago after suffering poor health. She moved into the cottage after coming off the working boats. When ever we passed by we would always have a nice chat with her, she really was a lovely lady with many a tale to tell.

Yesterday we learnt that sadly Maureen, died on Saturday 17th March 2012, she passed away peacefully at Leighton Hospital near Crewe.
Maureen had a reputation for speaking her mind if she felt you were doing something wrong, but she was also very helpful to those who would accept her advise. I personally could sit and listen to her for hours as she recounted the old days when she used to work on the boat. Maureen was part of the Jinks boating family, she worked on the boats for many years firstly with her family and later with Jack her husband on their own boats. Maureen will be very much missed by all who knew and loved her.

The lock cottage itself was sold on Wednesday 15th February 2012,  at auction. I just hope the new owners love the place just as much as Maureen did, otherwise she may well have something to say about it.

God bless Maureen and may she rest in peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails