*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 10 November 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy.

From the 1st November 2008 all boat owners had to sign a declaration as to how much diesel they use for propulsion, or if residential you declare as such. We are now two years on with this mad decision and still it is not working as it should it seems with people still confused at why some places allow self declaration and others will only do 60/40. There are even those who are not doing anything.
Just yesterday I read on Narrowboat World about how it is down to the customer and not the seller to decide the split, but as we all know not all sellers see it that way. So if you want to be able to self declare and you want to find a place to buy your diesel that allows you to do so, why not check out this website. The website gives you the names of all the places that allow you to self declare and all of those who do not. You can then decide on where you want to go. Sue from NB No Problem always welcomes updates to the site, so keep your eyes peeled and let her know if you have come across places that will not allow a boater to self declare.
If the whole thing still has you completely confused, then the RBOA site has a great page explaining the in's and out's of the ruling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails