*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 18 March 2013

Cassiobury Park to Denham Deep Lock.

Map picture

Travelled 9.1 miles, worked 10 locks in a time of 5 hours.

SAM_4759

After a very peaceful nights sleep, we were awake early and then up by 8 am. By 8.50 am we were ready for the off on what was a misty morning.

SAM_4762

The thing I most love about the Grand Union Canal is the width and depth. Hadar was loving the deeper water under her hull.

SAM_4769

Ironbridge Lock as a pair of nice new top gates.

SAM_4768

The safety catch has been fitted with an arm so you cannot leave it off when winding the paddle. I wonder if they will all be fitted with these in future? I think it is a great idea.

SAM_4773

Have car will travel.

SAM_4782

At Batchworth Lock we met a fellow Facebooker Steve Jay and his partner, they were filling their water tank below the lock. It was a brief meeting with Steve, perhaps next time our paths cross we will have time to have a good chat.

SAM_4785

We stopped off at Tesco for a few bits and pieces, before moving off towards Stokers Lock.

SAM_4787

Below the lock is Stokers Farm where Black Beauty was filmed back in the day.

SAM_4795

Above Copper Mill Lock is Pisces home mooring at HNA. Pisces was the boat started his narrow boat journey at the tender age if 15 years of age and he has not looked back since.

SAM_4799

The Millstream below the lock was running quite fiercely due to the rain we had yesterday, but we had no problem getting past it since fitting our new prop.

SAM_4803

Strange looking boat.

SAM_4806

Black Jacks Lock.

SAM_4810

The sky was looking menacing over Harefield Marina and with the time getting on, we decided we would pull in above Denham Deep Lock, just as we did so there was a huge clap of thunder and the rain began falling, so a wise decision.

SAM_4812

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails