*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 2 March 2013

Leaks and more leaks.

Yesterday as we were on the move out of Aylesbury we spotted  very leaky piling. So Keith sent in a report to the Canal & River Trust via e-mail and got am immediate reply.
The leak is near where the new marina is being put in place to replace the basin at the end of the arm.
This morning whilst walking Paddy I up the towpath to bridge 12, I came across this breach.
The water is pouring across the towpath and into a brook which runs along side the canal.  The canal bank has bee eroded away by the water and is now flowing on its merry way. My worry is this will develop into something bigger, so a report has again gone off to the Canal & River Trust. If we ever see a problem on the canal we always report it, after all if you do not report problems how can they ever get fixed. I know that data collectors go out to report issues with the canal that need attention, but I do not know if anyone has been this way and if they have was the leak this bad then, so if in doubt report it. Whenever we have reported a problem, it has always been dealt with promptly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails