*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 24 March 2013

Making Progress.

SAM_4862
The dock did not empty out properly until gone 6 pm last night, so we did not get pressured washed off.
Awake early, I made us a cuppa at 6 am and then was up at 7 am with the view to getting an early start. I walked Paddy and then had breakfast. Both the fires were made up for the day and I then got on with making a Lasagna, which would last us a couple of days. I then managed to get a couple of washes done, it is so nice to be using the washing machine again. First up were the ropes from the cratch board, they went in on a very hot wash, after that was done the towels and flannels got a hot wash, they were then hung in the back cabin to dry. Whilst the Lasagna cooked in the back cabin stove, I was hoping the boat would get washed, but as the time ticked by it was clear no one was coming in to give us instruction on how to use the pressure washer. In the end it was gone 1.30 pm when someone from the shop came and showed Keith how to use the pressure washer.
SAM_4873
Keith was in charge of the pressure washer, for health and safety reasons he had to wear protective glasses which kept steaming up, so he did not have a clue whether he was missing bits. I was in charge of telling him where the bits were that he had missed, to be fair he did not miss much.
SAM_4877
All washed off, I dried off the paintwork around the back counter so I could then get the sander out. I started rubbing down around the back counter and applied a coat of undercoat, I am just hoping it will dry as it is very cold out. So we are getting sorted now, with a bit of luck we should be putting our first coat of blacking on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails