*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 15 March 2013

Retail therapy and lunch in Hemel Hempstead.

SAM_4732

Keith and I took ourselves off into Hemel Hempstead this morning, we walked the mile into the town.

SAM_4733

We walked down the alongside the Water Gardens before heading to the shops.

We had been here a few years ago. There have been a few changes, what with the economic climate as it is there are a few shops closed down, which is a real shame.

SAM_4739

Before we got to comfy in the new part of Hemel Hempstead we walked up to the old town to Jordon’s Antique Shop, which is a wonderful place. There are rooms full of wonderful things.

SAM_4740

The old town has such a lot of character. There are many Victorian, Georgian and Tudor architecture in a street described as “the prettiest street in Hertfordshire”. It is suffering from shops shut down, so For Sale and To Let Boards are everywhere. St. Mary’s Church as a stunning spire.

SAM_4742

After a walk around the old town, we had lunch at Dragon Garden. We ate there a few years ago and the food is still as good. £7.20 each to eat as much as you like, without wasting any food of course.

Back in the New Town which came about after World War II, has all the usual town centre stores, what was sad though was seeing Blockbusters and HMV closing down before our eyes. They had everything must go sales on, and so we popped in to see if there was anything worth buying.

We had a lovely time in Hemel, and came back with a few things for the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails