*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 20 April 2013

Back in Stone.

Map picture

Travelled 9.41 miles, worked 5 locks in a time of 4 hours 25 minutes.

Since Uxbridge we have done 154 miles, worked 115 locks in a time of 75 hours and 55 minutes.

IMG_2258

Last night we had the most wonderful sunset, which set the trees on fire.

IMG_2284

The air was still and the only sound I could hear as I stood on the stern of the boat was Canada Geese say “Goodnight” to each other and cows mooing in the field in front of Shugborough Hall.

When I retired to bed, the sound of a Tawny Owl sent me off into a deep sleep and a Woodpecker woke me up with its pecking on a tree trunk as if sending a coded message to its friends. This is why I love my life, I get to enjoy the wildlife from start to finish of each day.

IMG_2295

Over night we had had a heavy frost. When I opened the back cabin doors to the world, a mist was rolling up the canal to greet me. The air was so still and the birds were singing, a great way to begin a new day.

IMG_2299

We left at 8.25am and headed to our first lock of the day.

IMG_2302 

Shugborough Hall looks stunning in the morning sunshine. Had just arrived at the first lock where a boat was already to come down, so the lock would be with us and this happened all the way to Stone, there are some benefits of being on the Trent and Motorway. Moored above Great Haywwod Lock were Scooby and Rita on Festina Lente. Rita gave us a wave as we passed them by.

IMG_2313

This Swan has a high rise nest in the middle of a meadow. We had a wonderful cruise all the way. It as made nicer by the warming sunshine after a chilly start.

IMG_2316

At Weston this Swan was trying to undo the door, so cute.

IMG_2320

Canada Goose sitting tight on her nest, normally when a boat passes them they toddle off.

IMG_2321

Cat on a hot tin roof.

77179_10151622838404532_1672908754_n

It seemed like no time at all before we had arrived in Stone and so moored up below Star Lock. We then locked the boat up and had a quick walk into the town so I could get Keith a new pair of trousers, as the zip on his only pair of thin summer trousers broke this morning. Now when I say new I mean from a charity shop and they only cost £3.80. We met a few friends in the town and was pleased to see Stone has changed very little since our last visit a year ago.

No cruising tomorrow as it is my birthday, so I get a day off yayyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails