*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Monday, 22 April 2013

Stone to Hall Green on the Macclesfield Canal.

Map picture

Travelled 15.95 miles, worked 15 locks, cruised through 1 tunnel in a time of 8 hours and 20 minutes.

We left Stone at 8.20am, with sunny spells and not to cold.


Up through the first couple of locks and onward to Newcastle Road Lock, where I worked the lock whilst Keith emptied the toilet cassette. Whilst working Lime Kiln Lock, Roger our boat builder came and gave me a lovely hug. He was on his way back to the yard to crane a boat out. Nigel off NB Enseabee came and said “Hello” as well. It is always wonderful to come back to Stone and see old friends.


We hope to see him and the family on the way back.


We waved to Rob off of NB’s Burma and Star, but Tina is poorly and looking after a poorly dog so did not get to see her this time, but again hopefully we will see them all on our return journey.


At Burlaston there was towpath work being carried out, but we carried on our way past the Wedgwood factory and up to Trentham. Wave to our friend Teresa, who was waving to us from her bedroom window.


Past the home of Stoke City Football Club.


Up through Erturia Locks.


Passed Middleport Pottery.

The hope was we would reach Harecastle Tunnel before the 3pm deadline for the day and it was going to be touch and go.IMG_2384

The tunnel came into view with about 1 minutes to spare phew. The Canal and River Trust tunnel keeper Derek came and took our details and we were in the tunnel at 3.10pm and out the other end at 3.45pm.

Cleared the tunnel and turned on to the Macclesfield Canal at 3.55pm.


We moored up at Hall Green at 4.00pm after a great days crusing. We only saw 3 other boats on the move, it was so quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails