*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Friday, 16 September 2011

A busy old day.

Hi Folks.

Nothing to heavy for tonight's posting, because I am ever so slightly cream crackered. To say it was a busy old day is an Understatement. After all the usual morning stuff, Keith and I set off to help with the Foxton Festival site. The first noise we heard was the jack hammer working hard knocking in the pins for the marquee.


Just as well they had ear defenders, because it was incredibly loud.


One of my first jobs this morning was to help mark out where the outside stalls were to go. Whilst I did this Keith helped unload the chairs from the lorry, move fire extinguishers, and a few odd jobs. SAM_0441








We both then set off with Ann to and a couple of other volunteers to put up a tent for the scouts who will be doing the car parking.










With the craft marquee going up and nothing much to do, lunchtime was called early, so we came back to the boat for a well deserved sit down and something to eat. I was parched because we had not had a drink since breakfast. Half an hour later we were back on the festival site and things really swung into action with the crafts marquee completed enough for us to start moving tables and chairs inside for the stall holders.


With quite a huge task ahead, we got on with moving  just over 60 tables and 120 chairs, but everyone knuckled down and we soon had it all set out ready for the arriving stall holders.









Ann and I then thought it would be an idea if the remaining tables and chairs went to the beer tent, which we did using Ann's van and to save her having to stop what she was doing, which was organise the whole event, Keith volunteered to drive it for her. With the last few tables moved Keith now felt completely pooped, so he returned to the boat to feed dog and cat. I stayed on to help Ann out is by helping direct stall holders to their allocated spots, because Ann was looking frazzled. I have absolutely no doubt that Keith and I will be sleeping very soundly tonight. We want to be up bright and fresh for tomorrow as we have a lot of setting up to do of our own on the boat, all being well.

We just hope the weather is going to stay reasonably dry for the weekend, the weather forecast is saying a possibility of showers early in the morning tomorrow, so hopefully they will be few and far between, as I would like to set up our stall on the roof of the boat. So keep your fingers crossed.

Chat soon as I need to wind down before bed and get my feet up. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails