*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 4 September 2011

Raining.

Hi Folks.

It is Raining yippee. Not sure it is going to make a lot of difference to the local reservoirs but it is very welcome non the less. For the local reservoirs it is just a spit in the ocean.

I took these photographs yesterday which have been posted by the lock keepers on the lock gates and notice board.

SAM_0391

Welford Reservoir.

SAM_0392

Saddington Reservoir.

SAM_0393

Naseby Reservoir.

It really does make you realise that we need lots of rain. I of course realise that there are parts of the country who are not suffering like us. The likelihood is the restrictions here will remain for the rest of the season  and onward. Everyone has their fingers crossed that we will have a wet Autumn and Winter, so that we do not have to go through this again next year. If we do not get the required rain fall, then next year will definitely see canals shut down, so I am told. So start doing a rain dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails