*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 3 September 2011

Foxton Locks on TV.

Last night Foxton Locks was on Central News. The lack of water is reaching not just the papers but also the TV.

http://www.itv.com/central-east/needs-headline75021/

Unfortunately despite the majority of people taking heed and not going out on their boats, it seems some just want to do their own thing no matter the consequences. The hire company at Market Harborough is essential traffic so are allowed up and down the locks, as were the hotel boats Oak and Ash. But I know for a fact that over the bank holiday at least two boats were allowed up and down the locks and they had no need to be. Just yesterday one of the boats went back down the flight having come out of Debdale Marina for a few days. I saw them on the summit sitting on a mooring enjoying the sunshine. Now I am sorry but their trip was NOT essential. But I bet they will be the first to complain when the canal is closed down completely. We are a trading boat and would say we are essential to others, but we would never have the cheek to demand that we are allowed down or up the flight. People have to stop think only about themselves. As a continuous cruiser trying to run a business on the canal we like other working boats need the water to be able to cruise and to stick to the terms and conditions of our license. having seen the TV report and the photographs on show at the top of Foxton Locks, I can see this areas canals being shut down and that means no one will be moving anywhere. Ok rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails