*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 20 October 2012

Cathiron west of Newbold-on-Avon to Braunston.

Travelled 12.4 miles, worked 3 locks in a time 4 hours 35 minutes.
After what I can only describe as an amazing nights sleep, it was a dull start again after a night of rain. This made the towpath rather muddy under foot, which Paddy did not enjoy as he took his morning stroll. Some of the towpath have really suffered this year and it is not helped by cyclists motoring up and down them at great speed.
We set off at 8.45am with the new solar panel working but only just because there was no sun at all until late afternoon. But any amount of power being supplied to the batteries is welcome.
Newbold Tunnel.
Hillmorton Locks. The boat in front of us very kindly set the other lock for us.
Before bridge 79 we passed Les and Jaqueline on NB Valerie, they were about to set off and so followed us to Braunston. Where we had a coffee and some wonderful Pumpkin Bread with them. 
Whilst on the move towards Braunston, I made us a Mince Beef and Baked Bean Curry for dinner, which was put in the stove to cook and whilst that was cooking I placed two Chicken slices in the oven to bake for our lunch on the move.
Bridge 79 looks finished and it looks fantastic. They have made a really good job of it, but the worry now is who will be the first to clobber it again?
Bridge 80 is coming along nicely a WRG worker (Waterways Recovery Group) was working away when we passed under. Bridge 80 had the most damage.
Good old Braunston Church came into view, it has always been a beacon to boaters. We passed fellow bloggers and friends Del and Al on NB Derwent 6, but there did not appear to be anyone at home. When we arrived in Braunston, Steve on NB Albert was just leaving his mooring to go on to the water point, we have not seen Steve or Maggie for sometime, so it was lovely to say a quick "hello" and we waved at Maggie who was inside the boat. We found an empty mooring, moored up and walked to Midland Chandlers to get a few items, which included some paint and new glass for the saloon stove, plus a spare. It was whilst we were their we had coffee with Les and Jaqueline who were taking on water.
Back on the boat, Keith went and emptied the toilet cassette and I got rid of a bag of rubbish. Dinner is cooked and the TV is on, I am watching Star Wars III. I think that is enough for today. Time to relax and enjoy the rest of my Saturday.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails