*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 22 October 2012

Yelvertoft to Gallows Hill.

Travelled 17.9 miles, worked 10 locks in a time of 8 hours 35 minutes.
Foggy or what this morning. At times I could hardly see a few feet in front of me when walking Paddy.
We set off at 8.35am with the fog very thick. The fog had looked as if it was thinning.
But as we approached Welford Junction at 11.10am the fog was once again getting thicker. The only restpite from the fog was in Husbands Bosworth Tunnel. Whilst in the tunnel I had sausages cooking in the oven, so when we came out the other end i made us some sausage sandwiches for lunch. Due to the weather there were not many boats on the move, which gave us the cut all to ourselves.
We got to the top lock at Foxton and joined a queue to go down. There were four boats coming up and whilst we waited to get under way we got chatting to some of land guys working on the canal. I always find it interesting chatting to the land crews to hear their tales. After about an hour and a half we were under way.
I absolutely love this flight of locks, they are so easy to do. We decided to carry on through the two swing bridges and onward to Gallows Hill before mooring up.
We are on one of our favourite moorings out in the countryside where it is quiet. Moored in front of us is Jim and Jenny who are good friends of ours and who we will see a lot of over the winter. Tomorrow I need to go to the dentist, because I have the beginnings of an  infection beginning under a tooth. Yesterday it began to play up and as I have had it before I know the signs. I am not a dentist lover, so Keith will need to hold my hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails