*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 16 October 2012

Great Haywood to Tamhorn Farm Bridge, just south of Whittington, Coventry Canal.

Travelled 18.45 miles, worked 4 locks in a time of 7 hours and 55 minutes.

There was heavy rain over night, but it had all but stopped when we got up this morning, which was a blessing. We set off from Great Haywood and the wind was not to bad. Colwich lock was full and waiting for us, as a boat had not long left it. It was onward towards Rugeley where we saw a lovely rainbow.
Rain was trying to fall, but the wind was keeping it away most of the time
So pretty.
Along the way I got on with cooking some mince to go into the Bolognaise Sauce, which we would have for dinner.
I then cooked sausages for lunch which we had in rolls.
Fradley dredging was in progress below Shady House Lock.
We were not held up for to long. The wind was blowing a gale which made for some fun in getting around bends and past moored boats.
Soon we were on to the Coventry Canal and heading for Whittington, where we would meet up with John and Julia Plummer on nb Plum, aka Solar Afloat, just south of Whittington, and bought a solar panel and associated bits and pieces, so no guesses what we will be doing this weekend!
All moored up we enjoyed a coffee with John and Julia, before heading back to our boat for dinner. A longish day, made more difficult by the strong winds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails