*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 17 October 2012

Tamhorn Farm Bridge to Mancetter Bridge 36, outside of Atherstone.

Travelled 15 miles, worked 13 locks in a time of 8 hours 10 minutes.
We left our mooring at 9.05am having waved goodbye to John and Julia.

A one-fifth scale model of Lichfield Cathedral at Whittington. It was built by the local farmer to celebrate the village hosting the British National Ploughing Championships on the 13th October.
At Tamhorn Park Bridge we met up with Andrew on NB Granny Buttons, it has been ages since we have seen him.
With Mother Nature changing her clothes, we are being treat to some wonderful colours. The House Martins, Swallows and Swifts have left for their Winter home and in coming are the Cormorants who are coming in land to feed for the Winter. At Peels Wharf we supplied a boat with four bags of coal, so they will be nice and toastie for a while.
Fishermen were out as we approached the Samuel Barlow at Alvecote.
Lunch was eaten on the run, so we could get it in before we reached Atherstone.
We were treated to yet another double rainbow on the Atherstone Flight. We followed a Rose hire boat up the locks with Mave and Norm on board. They hire twice a year in March and October and have done for years, so knew exactly what they were doing, which was refreshing. Mave and I had a wonderful natter as we worked the locks. Having left the top lock just before 5pm, we decided to moor out in the countryside.
We have passed this mooring a few times and never stopped, but today was the day to change all of that. Moored up I got on with dinner and making up the fire, whilst Keith took Paddy for his evening walk. Time to put my feet up for a while, then it will be washing up and bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails