*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 19 May 2013

Had a visitor.

Warwick is a fantastic little town and we have been having a wonderful time. Yesterday we walked up into the town to sample all the market had to offer and I have to say it is a good market, I bought meat for the freezer and their fruit and vegetable stall is excellent. Most markets you go to are mostly filled with clothing stalls, but not this one, it was mostly food stalls, bread, fish, cheese, pastries etc, so well worth a visit.

Last night we went to our friends apartment in the town for a superb meal. Paul and Merleen used to have NB Lady Celine, but now live in Warwick. We spent the evening chatting over wine and coffee after a lovely meal. It was great to catch-up with them both and to chat about when we first met back in 2005.

Today wow it has been wall to wall sunshine and a chance for me to wash the back cabin curtains. The Summer ones are now hanging up and the Winter ones will go in the box until the Autumn.

On Facebook we have been following our friend Tony Wiseman, who is walking from London to Birmingham for Cancer Research. To get from A to B he is walking along the Grand Union Canal and today he came to Warwick, so he came and found us. I was in the laundry room, doing the washing and whilst the machine was doing the hard work I was keeping an eye open for Tony, who I spotted walking along the road, so went to meet him.

SAM_5255

Tony got the grand tour of our boat and then he sat down and took the weight off his feet, whilst drinking coffee and tucking into biscuits.

SAM_5256

The last time we saw Tony was in 2001/2002, when we went to a BBQ, but we have kept in touch on Facebook. I am beginning to think I cannot do without the site as it keeps me in touch with so many people.

Tony has made such great progress and the weather today helped a lot. After what seemed like so little time, he was on his way again to find a B&B for the night. Good luck Tony.

If you would like to sponsor Tony who is trying to raise £900 please go to his Just Giving page. http://www.justgiving.com/tonywiseman76

We will be heading off tomorrow for Market Harborough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails