*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 24 May 2013

Moored at Welford.

Map picture

Travelled 8.8 miles, worked 1 locks in a time of 3 hours.

Brrrrrr what a cold start to the end of May. Before leaving the boat with Paddy for his walk, I relit the back cabin stove, because it was a tad parky.

We left the mooring at 8.45am with only a short jaunt to Welford. The breeze was getting up along the way and the rain began spit spotting as well, which was all forecast, so we were not surprised. As the rain fell steadily, I made us a warming coffee to help keep the chilly wind out. It was hardly surprising that we saw few boats on the move.

We arrived at the junction at 11.10am and turned right in to the Welford Arm. By the time we reached Welford Lock, it was throwing it down with rain and blowing a gale, so it was just as well we were mooring up above the lock.

252266_10151603542694255_1409757960_n

Moored up and the boat closed up against the weather, I made us some lunch and put a joint of stuffed Lamb in the back cabin stove to cook slowly. Due to the wind the stove fire is working over time, so I have gone back to house coal, which does not burn so hot. I cannot see us doing much for the rest of the day, I am quite happy sitting out this dreadful weather. They say that Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be better, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails