*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 23 October 2018

Homeward Bound Day 8.

Hi friends and followers.

If you read yesterday's post, you will know we spent the evening at The Blue Lias Inn at the bottom of the Stockton flight. The moorings on the inn side are for patrons only, so we had our evening meal and a pint in the inn. It was a lovely meal and a cool pint to wash down a lasagna and for pudding Honeycombe Cheesecake. This woman knows how to live the high life. What was a little disconcerting was the fact they had been putting up their Christmas decorations up. The entrance hall was like Santa's grotto. The countdown on their Christmas clock said 63 days arghhhh. I am personally one of those people who thinks nothing to do with Christmas should start until December 1st. But for businesses they all have to get ahead of the competition. Anyway we had a lovely time, before retiring back to the boat for coffee and putting our feet up.
This morning we left our Inn mooring at 8.35am along with NB Morpheus, who we shared the first couple of locks of the day at Long Itchington.
When we got to Bascote Locks, there was NB Smartie waiting for us in the lock, so we joined them and carried on down Bascote, Wood, Fosse and Radford Semele Locks, before saying "Cheerio" to them.
We have moored up at Radford Semele for the day, as we are in no hurry to get home.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails