*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 29 October 2018

Sunday Shenanigans.

Hello friends and followers.

What did you do with your Sunday?
I ask this question, because normally if we are out cruising we do not move, it is just our policy. Now we are at home on our mooring, that policy does not apply, so yesterday, I went out cruising.
The Saltisford Canal Trust has it's very own day boat named Saltie II. The trust have decided that she needs a complete refurbishment and so yesterday three others and myself, took Saltie II to the boat yard where she is going to undergo her transformation. We left the Saltisford Arm at 8.30 am and set off down Cape Locks.
We made our way through Leamington-Spa and onto Radford Semele Lock. After that we found ourselves in a queue, with a boat in front and boats behind.
We could not have ordered the weather to be any better, because even though it was chilly, the sun shone, which was warming when we were not in the shade of the trees. The four of us worked well as a team. I was on the lock wheeling team.
Before we knew it we were up through Bascote Locks, destination The Cuttle pub at Long Itchington for a pub lunch and a pint. We have never been in The Cuttle before, we usually go into the Two Boats opposite, but we will definitely go to The Cuttle again. The food was superb as was the Timothy Taylor pint. I can totally recommend the Roast Chicken Sunday roast, it was scrummy. After just over an hour for lunch, we were underway again.
The light as beginning to fade as we worked out way up the Stockton flight, which we managed to complete in Forty Two minutes, which was amazing. Once we were moored in the marina at Kate Boats, Stockton, we made a brew and enjoyed it with a slice of Victoria Sandwich, which I had made on the Saturday evening.
All in all we had a brilliant day. We arrived home at 5.35 pm and I spent the rest of the evening with my feet up and a coffee in my hand.

Pop back soon xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails