*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 26 February 2011

Downton Bridge to Crick.

Hi Friends old and new.

Yesterday we moved from Downton Bridge 36 to Crick, but due to poor internet signal I was unable to get on here. Isn't it funny how moving just 200metres up the towpath this morning can give you a better signal, and even better TV reception.

Yesterday began with the sound of the Skylark's singing in the field opposite the boat. They were really singing their little hearts out as Paddy and I walked the towpath to a field where he could have a good run. Not that Paddy is much of a runner, but he likes to make an attempt. The weather was a little gloomy, but it did brighten as the day wore on. Whilst we were on the move, I put some Sausage Rolls in the oven and we had them on the move with Coffee. I got to take the tiller just after Yelvertoft and all the way to Crick. My confidence grows the more I handle the boat. Because she handles differently when loaded and unloaded, I need to keep working her. Hadar does not handle like our old boat, but then our old boat was only a 50ft floating cottage. As they say practice makes perfect. Not that any boater is perfect, even though some seem to think they are. We arrived at Crick and moored up near Crick Bridge, which was fine, but for the internet and TV siganl, they were pretty none existent. Watching the tv was bad on the eyes, because it looked like the picture was coming through a snow storm. During the afternoon Paul and Merleen friends of ours from Warwick came and paid us a visit. It was lovely to catch up with them both and all their news. They bought me some lovely Daffodiles.

So far today we have delivered coal to three customers in the rain. It has not stopped raining all day, which means the canals are going to be nice and full. With coal deliveries done, I relit the back cabin stove, made an Apple Crumble and got the usual jobs done. We are going to be at Crick for the weekend, so we will get to watch the coming's and going's of the boats in the marina. I would love to say I feel on top of the world, but that is far from the truth, because yesterday I came down with a sore throat and a headache, which laid me up during the early afternoon. I am not one for laying down for nap, but yesterday I took myself into the back cabin and laid down for an hour. I did not really sleep, but dozed a little which helped. Today the sore throat has all but gone and now I just have a head full of cotton wool. Not sure where it came from, but I could really do without it.
Oh deep joy Paddy has just peed on the back cabin floor making one of the rag rugs wet grrrrr. This is very unlike him. I just took him off of the boat and he peed for England. I guess I have to go and wash the mat out now, which will be fun.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails