*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 7 May 2011

Sporting Greats.

Hi Friends.

This past week has been a week of losing some of our best known sporting greats and this morning we lost another one. I turned on the radio, to hear that Seve Ballesteros had lost his battle against cancer and had died at the young age of 54 (CLICK ME). It is another tragic loss to the sporting world and the world as a whole. I used to love watching him play golf as he bought a sense of fun and excitement to the game.
On the 3rd May we lost a true British Boxing legend in Sir Henry Cooper, who in my opinion was the Lord of the Ring. Henry died at the age of 76, which in today's standards is no age at all. (CLICK ME). I once again grew up knowing of him and his talent in the boxing ring and of course his fight with Muhammed Ali. These sporting legends will never leave us because their achievements are written in the history books and will always be seen on our screens, but a sad loss to their family and friends, who knew them away from the spot light.
Another sad loss to the sporting world was Ted Lowe who died on the 1st May at the age of 90. For many they would probably not know the name but Ted Lowe MBE was the voice of snooker and whose dulcet tones could always be heard when commentating some of the biggest events. (CLICK ME).

We all know that it is a certain that we will join them sooner or later, but when you hear of these people passing on, it makes you realise your own age and that life is so short.
Make the most of each day, because tomorrow could be your last.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails