*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 18 June 2012

Marbury Park, T&M to Northwich, River Weaver.

Map image

Travelled 2.5 miles, went down the Anderton lift in a time of 2 hours 50 minutes.

IMG_0684

We left the Marbury Park mooring at 8.25am, and headed to the Sanitary Station to take on water, empty cassettes and get rid of rubbish.

IMG_0688

After we did all the necessary, we headed off for the Anderton Lift.

IMG_0693

We moored in front of Swallow and Buckden. We were to pair up with John on Buckden to go down the lift.

IMG_0698

Sue on Thea was ready to go down the lift with her crew on Saturn, they were first down at 10am. We then moved on to the holding moorings after they were in the lift.

IMG_0704

John breasted up with us, whilst we waited our turn at 10.45am.

IMG_0710

10.45am John went in first and we followed. We both entered the caisson together.

IMG_0721

It was very exciting finally getting on to the lift, Keith has been trying to do this trip for 40 years, so you can imagine the smile on his face.

IMG_0724

IMG_0738

Great view.

IMG_0761

IMG_0771

I got to stand at the tiller.

IMG_0778

River Weaver here we come.

IMG_0783

John went first.

IMG_0787

Then our turn.

IMG_0791

I was so very excited about coming down in the lift and i was not disappointed.

IMG_0799

We followed John all the way to Northwich up the River Weaver which is stunning from what we have seen so far.

IMG_0813

Thea, Saturn and Dove had already arrived.

IMG_0825

We pulled into the pontoon moorings to ask if they would like our help to set up for the festival this coming weekend, if they had said no, we would have gone on to Winsford, but Mike Carter the organiser was only to happy to accept our help and as he was organising the moorings, he told us where he wanted us and Buckden to go, but first he got Thea and Saturn into their mooring, and then Buckden and us moved into our Festival moorings. Having moored up, we had some lunch and then walked into Northwich Town centre.

SAM_1711

There are some pretty buildings in the town.

SAM_1710

Whilst in the town Keith bought a second hand Nintendo DS for £29.99 at Cash Generator to replace his broken one, I went to M&S to get a few items, I had wanted some new jeans but did not like the way the M&S ones fitted, so left them on the hanger. We walked out of town to Argos to get a voucher for Keith Nephew who is getting married this coming weekend, the walk really wore Keith out, so we stopped and had a coffee, before looking around the town further. As we will be here for a few days we will get to look around a lot more.

Dinner is now cooking, Paddy has gone for his evening walk and I am now going, so cheerio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails