*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 22 June 2012

Northwich Day 5.

I need not tell you about the weather, because it is the same as yesterday hissing it down and was all night.

Last night having walked Paddy and fed both him and Marmite, Keith and I joined other boaters at the festival for the curry night at Wetherspoons Penny Black in the high street, Northwich for a fantastic evening of eating, drinking and laughter. It was really nice to sit down with boaters we know and those we have only just met and have a great meal and conversation. There must have been at least 30 of us and the staff at Wetherspoons were fantastic. After a great evening, we got back to the boat at around 10.30pm and I was off to my bed. No sooner I had settled down the rain began to fall and throughout the night, every time I woke up it was still lashing down, which is not what you want when your on a river.

I woke up properly at 8am, Keith got up to use the bathroom and Marmite got into his place for a warm, as it was rather chilly in the back cabin, I was seriously considering lighting the stove. After a cuppa it was time to get up and take Paddy out for his walk, as we stepped off of the boat the rain did stop for a while, but that did not last long.

There has been a steady stream of boats arriving all day.

IMG_0999

IMG_1037

IMG_1045

IMG_1051

IMG_1057

Some had come off of the Manchester Ship Canal.

IMG_1001

IMG_1074

The rain did not stop play as the site took shape.

IMG_1031

IMG_1024

The music tent has its stage and the groups are beginning to set up for later on, I will post photographs of that tomorrow. Everyone is having a wonderful time and so are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails