*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 9 June 2012

Marmite knows how to chill out.

SAM_1515

First she warms up in front of the fire. Marmite hates being cold.

SAM_1517

And then she chills out on top of the gas stove.

After yesterday's deluge of rain and it blowing a gale, today (Saturday) has been much calmer and no rain. The day has been spent doing very little, which is not like me. I walked Paddy in the morning, made up the saloon stove, which is now working overtime, made lunch and watched films, I also cooked some meat balls in bolognaise sauce for dinner, which was put on top of the saloon stove to cook, no point having the the stove going and not making the most of it, I also keep a couple of kettles on there as well to heat the water ready for boiling for tea and coffee, it saves on the gas when I want to boil a kettle. Keith and I were sat watching "Home Alone 2" (nothing much else on the TV), there then came a knocking on the boat. Stood on the towpath were Margaret and Peter off of NB. Kelly Louise. Margaret and Peter moor their boat near Swanley and as they were on the boat for the weekend, they thought they would come and find us, which was really lovely of them. I so enjoy putting names to faces as they had both been following the blog and leaving comments on some of my postings. Once invited in and a cup of coffee made, we got down to talking about anything and everything as you do as a boater. A lovely time was had, but all to soon it was time to say our goodbyes, but I am quite sure we will see them again sometime. So Margaret and Peter if you reading this posting, Thank You for taking the time to come and see us, it was lovely to meet you both. With the stove working overtime it did not take long for dinner to cook, and the decision was made to let the stove go out, because we were sweating our eyeballs out even with the doors open.

Who says it is cold on a boat?.

The evening will be spent watching Euro 2012 as was last night. I am not a mega football fan, but I do like watching the tournaments. I just hope that when England play on Monday we manage to put on a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails