*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 8 January 2012

Foxton Top Lock to Foxton Bottom Pool.

Map image

 

Yesterday (Saturday) was a quiet affair for us. We had no real plans, but did walk down the locks to have a coffee at Bridge 61, before strolling back up the flight, chatting to Bill the head lock keeper and others. I used the laundrette at Bridge 61, because they have a 15kg washing machine, which meant I could get all the bedding done in one go, as I wanted to wash the mattress and pillowcase  protectors as well. So when we got back to the boat, I loaded up my rucksack and walked back down the flight to use the machine, which costs £3.50 for a wash. I did not bother with the drier, because I could hang it in the back cabin to dry. After an hour and a half the wash was done and was hung in the back cabin, which looked more like a Chinese laundry. For the rest of the day, I tidied the boat and then watched films.

This morning (Sunday) we had a change of plans. We had intended to travel down Foxton locks on Monday morning, but whilst sitting in bed drinking our morning cuppa we changed our minds and decided to travel down this morning. After all the usual boring morning stuff, we cast off from our mooring at 10.25am, I walked to the top lock to get it ready, but when I got there someone had already opened the paddle for me, so I got the chance to stand around and chat to Gary who runs the top lock cafe, whilst Keith bought the boat into the lock. We didn’t rush down the flight, which took us an hour, mostly because I was chatting to the gongoozlers who were interested in how the locks worked. As we got to the bottom lock, I checked to see if there was any room to moor on the Foxton Locks Inn moorings, which there was so we did at 11.25am.

foxton locks inn

The Foxton Locks Inn did not open until midday, so I changed into something a little tidier for a Sunday and at 12 noon we strode into the pub and ordered a really nice Roast Pork, which stuffing, apple sauce and a Yorkshire pudding. Keith reckons this is just how Sundays on the canal should be. The locks themselves are very busy with walkers, cyclists and sightseers, this means that the businesses will have a good day. We have only seen a couple of boats move, so boat wise it is very quiet.

Having enjoyed our, back on the boat I cleaned the back cabin brass and blacked the stove, which is out at the moment because it is so mild. Keith has managed to get us a TV signal, so we can watch something on TV.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails