*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 31 January 2012

Good Morning.

morning

Cold, dull and no ice on the canal as yet. I was rudely awoken at 6am by Keith as he stepped over me to visit the smallest room on the boat. As he was up he made us both a cup of tea, which we drank whilst watching the BBC 1 news. They were on about the school league tables and how the government have cut the value of more than 3,100 vocational qualifications. Apparently courses such as horse and fish husbandry can be worth the same as four GCSEs. WHAT!!!

When I was at school you did the core subjects. English, Maths, the Sciences, History and Geography, these in my opinion should be the ones which schools are judged on in the league tables. All the other stuff they recognise should never have been scored on, because not all schools do subjects such as nail technology. If your going to do it in one school, it must be across the board. Other subjects at my secondary school were Cookery, Needlework, Religious Education, Metal Work and Woodwork and of course German and French and Physical Education. That was our choice. I do think these days they have taken it all to far. Maybe they should think about getting back to basics, so they can then really see how schools in Britain are doing. I am not against vocational education, but they need to stick to the core subjects first. Just my opinion.

I have a Lamb Shank stew to prepare, having allowed the Lamb Shank to stew yesterday, I am going to strip the meat off the bone today, add lots of vegetables and potato and then return it to the back cabin stove to cook for tonight's dinner. That will be my morning taken care off.

Chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails