*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Saturday.

On opening the back cabin doors, the day looked promising as the wind had dropped and it felt tropical compared to Good Friday, so we set out all our sale things in a hope that we would see a few more people.

SAM_0225

There seemed to be a few more people around, which looked promising, but with not many of them actually coming down to the bottom basin, I only sold two packs of hand knitted dishcloths. We did have visitors though, Chris and Steve who are having NB AmyJo built came to see us, they were enjoying their day out and we hope to see them again on Sunday. When we will have more time to spend with them. We chatted to members of the public who did bother to come down to the bottom basin, Graham and Lyn off NB Joseph also came and had a chat with us. We are with such a wonderful group of boaters in the bottom basin, it has become a little community.

SAM_0252

During the afternoon Ann Marie and Brian came down with NB Alton to supply people with coal and diesel.

SAM_0254

We also had a visit from the boys in blue who were looking for something or someone, we then saw lots of police cars and a van alongside the Manchester Ship Canal as we looked at the craft stalls. We later found out there had been a drugs raid on one of the apartments over looking the Canal. This bought more than a little excitement to the day.

With the afternoon wearing on and no customers we decided to pack everything away and go for a wander. We got chatting to others on boats, had a look at the new craft stalls and had a thoroughly lovely afternoon as the sun finally came out.

After dinner we walked up to the Rolt Centre for an evening of nattering with Andrew and Liz who had bought Lindsay from Erturia. We had a great evening chatting to them both about anything and everything. It was a good get together of boaters, who did not just chat about boating. Looking forward to Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails