*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 12 January 2013

A Brisk Walk to Welford Reservoir.

This morning Keith and I took a walk up to the reservoir to see what the water levels were like. In February 2012 the reservoir was in a dire state.

SAM_0648[4]

The reservoir was almost empty.

SAM_0653[3]

We were all praying for rain and we were not to be disappointed, because as we all know it rained for most of the Summer. When Keith and I got up to the reservoir, we found it full to over flowing.

2

We have never seen it so full.

IMG_0756

I think I can safely say we have enough water this year.

4

Sadly there was no waterfowl to be seen, maybe the brisk cold wind had kept them away.

IMG_5643[3]

As we walked around the reservoir, we came across a Badger Set which is clearly in use.

IMG_0761

Having enjoyed a brisk but rather chilly walk we strolled back to the boat, with a clear view of The Wharf Inn from the road. The sky was looking rather grey and had a hint of snow in the air, so maybe we will see some after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails