*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 8 January 2013

Coal delivery and moving on.

Map picture

Travelled 1.7 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 55 minutes.

SAM_0951[3]

Yesterday we waited around at Welford Wharf, because we were expecting and coal delivery. We took on the coal delivery of two and half tonne from W.G Hill and Son, late in the afternoon, so with the light fading fast we stayed put over night. Tom had been very busy, so we had to wait our turn, which is not a problem for us.

SAM_4135

This morning we were up early, I walked Paddy as it was getting light into the Pocket Park and back again and then on my return, Keith and I unloaded twenty bags of coal which wee destined for the marina. Having done that we fired Hadar up and set off down the arm to the junction.

SAM_4137

A head of us flew a Kingfisher, as if showing us the way.

SAM_4138

At the junction the moorings were completely empty, so we have decided to moor here for a few days. I want to get the chain saw out to cut up some wood in the hold, this will mean I can then get the front of the hold tidy. Moored up the kettle went on, I lit the back cabin stove and then put the bird feeders out for the Blue Tits which were chattering in the bushes. Hoping I can get some nice photographs of them, if they decide to use the feeders whilst we are here. So jobs to do and I am sure TV to watch, so I will sign off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails