*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 4 January 2013

Foxton to Welford Wharf.

Travelled 12.2 miles, worked 11 locks in a time of 5 hours 10 minutes.

We left our over night mooring 8.50 am and headed for Debdale Wharf where we took on 445 litres of diesel. I will leave you to work out how much it cost us, but I can say our bank balance is looking some what lighter. Whilst there we got chatting to our good friends Caroline and John who have a winter mooring in the marina and were out for a pump out, we will probably not see them again until November, so we had will keep in touch by phone.

Diesel on board and paid for we said “goodbye to Caroline and John and headed for Foxton Locks where we were helped up the locks by John the Canal and River Trust volunteer, who is delightful and very chatty, we have met him before at the Watford locks. After exciting the top lock I put some pasties in the back cabin stove to warm through for lunch.

We had them along with a couple of homemade cakes, this would keep us going for the rest of the days cruise to Welford. Along the way we dropped off coal to boaters waving us down. It was onward through Husbands Bosworth tunnel and then to Welford Junction, where we carried on to Welford where I worked the last lock of the day. To begin with we moored up just above the lock and walked up to the basin to see if there was any room for us to get in.

There was a space in the wharf, so we moved Hadar in to the space available and this will be home for the next few days, as we have a coal delivery arriving Monday morning. With the day drawing to a close, we decided to go to the Wharf Inn for dinner so no cooking for tonight yayyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails