*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 3 January 2013

GU Leicester line: Debdale Embankment slip

For those on the GU Leicester line: Debdale Embankment slip

Our initial investigations have identified the need for an engineering survey of the landslip to assess the landslip effect on the canal bed and walls plus the volume of material which has moved onto the canal bed. This survey will be completed over Monday 7th/Tuesday 8th January 2013.

We are moving a dredging boat to site and it is our intention that this will be available to begin work from Tuesday 8th January 2013.

As the landslip is within a SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest), we are seeking permission from Natural England to allow us to remove some reeds from the canal in the vicinity of the landslip to open up navigable width.

Subject to the results of the engineering survey and permission from Natural England, it will then be our intention to carry out limited dredging works in order to reopen the navigation. It is our aim to carry out works such that the canal can reopen to navigation from Monday 16th January 2013.

The works carried out over the next 2 weeks will secure a temporary solution sufficient only to reopen the navigation. More major works will be required in the future to fully restabilise the bank. Damian

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails