*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 14 January 2013

First Snow.

We were awake at 4.30 am, why I have no idea, maybe we sensed that the snow fairy had been.

SAM_4173

Ok I admit it I am like an excited child when it comes to snow and so I just had to open the back cabin doors to see if we had snow as forecast and yayyyy we did indeed and it was still snowing at 4.30 am. Due to the hour I did not get dressed and head out into the snow, but I did make us a both a cup of tea which we drank in bed before settling down again beneath the duvet. I then woke again at 8 am and it was definitely time to get up and out into the snow.

SAM_4172

The view from our galley doors. Marmite peeked out, but soon turned around and returned to the fireside.

SAM_4175

The boat looked splendid covered with a dusting of snow, as Paddy and I set off for our walk at 8.15 am. We walked to the Pocket Park.

SAM_4177

Even the bench was pleased to see the snow.

SAM_4178

The Daffodils must have got quite a shock.

SAM_4180

It was very picturesque walking through the park, the only thing that spoilt it was the traffic driving past at speed. Even thought the road has been gritted, cars should really have been slowing down and driving for the conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails