*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 27 January 2013

What a difference a day makes.

Travelled 5.59 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 1 hour 55 minutes.

SAM_4198

From this.

SAM_4277

To this. I am quite sad to see the snow go, but all good things must come to an end at some point.

Last night it began raining and it did not stop all night, at 4.30am Keith got up to visit the smallest room on the boat to find us listing, so he got dressed and went outside to loosen the ropes, whilst doing this he became aware of the flooding developing from the River Avon.

SAM_4264

Water was pouring across the pub car park and back into the canal at the end of the wharf, it was also flooding in the marina and back into the canal. By the time we got up at 8am the canal was well up and so was the River Avon.

SAM_4270

I have never seen anything like this before it really showed you the force of water.

SAM_4272

The pocket park was flooding and the water was struggling to get under the road bridge.

SAM_4271

Even the road by the pocket park was flooded

SAM_4274

This did not stop cars speeding through the water.

SAM_4265

Mark on Callisto was the first to make a move, we then followed at 10.10am.

SAM_4283

There was so much water in the canal, even with all the paddles up on the lock, the water wad deluging over the by-water and out into the field.

SAM_4284

I fear this is just the beginning of the amount of flooding there is going to be.

SAM_4288

There was still some ice on the canal, but Mark had plough through it leaving us clear water. Mark was hoping to make it to Crick, but we are in no hurry as Buckby Flight does not open until the 1st February. So we cruised for a couple of hours and then stopped at bridge 33, because the wind was blowing a gale and it was making it hard work moving.

It was wonderful to be on the move again, even though we enjoyed our extended stay at Welford, we just get bored with sitting in one place for to long.

Before I go and have my lunch, you must have read about all our battery issues, well we thing we have conquered it. instead of me explaining about it, you can read Keith’s explanation on Hadar’s Blog. We are both so relieved that we have sorted the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails