*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 18 January 2013

Snow, snow, snow and more snow.

IMG_0913

Last night the snow began to fall again.

This morning at 10am the snow began falling again and did not stop.

We woke up at 5.30 am to the sound of Callisto taking her coal delivery, this did not bother either of us because we were awake anyway, so I got up and put the kettle on, stoked up both the fires and climbed back into bed to enjoy my nice hot cuppa. Marmite must have been feeling a bit chilly because she also climbed beneath the duvet for a warm.

cold kestrel

When I took Paddy out for his walk, a Kestrel was sat in the tree looking rather chilly and forlorn. Paddy enjoyed running through the snow.

SAM_4198

The snow got steadily heavier and heavier, so Mark on Callisto made the decision to stay put in the wharf, so we pulled our boat over to the other side of the wharf where the water tap is, to allow Mark to moor alongside us. Although Mark has a large run, there is no point trying to move in this weather, not just because of the ice, but for his own safety out there alone on the cut.

SAM_4201

It is now 1.30pm and we have a good two inches of snow and still more falling. The schools are shut and the roads are passable but with care. I am glad I got all the coal in yesterday, because I do not fancy climbing on the gunwales to get in the hold with things the way they are at the moment.

Keith and I are enjoying our extended stay at Welford Wharf, and I will take more snowy photographs I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails