*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mist and chopping.

IMG_0643

This morning we had a glorious start to the day with mist rising and the sun coming up it allowed me to take some lovely photographs.

IMG_0651

Paddy and I enjoyed our morning stroll and I collected sticks as we went, when we got back to the boat, I went out with my bucket to pick up even more sticks, the bucket is now full.

After breakfast and a cuppa, it was wood sawing day.

SAM_4143

I got into the hold and threw out the logs which needed sawing up, whilst Keith connected our electric chainsaw up to the generator. With the work bench up, I held the logs in place whilst Keith sawed them into chunks. I then got the axe out and chopped the wood into fire size pieces, in all the wood filled nine empty coal sacks, which were stowed away in the hold. By the time we had finished sawing and chopping it was time for some much needed lunch and a sit down.

After lunch Keith fitted a fan to our fridge freezer, to help with the cooling and so far it has cut down the time the compressor is on, so that is a result. We have been playing with the settings on the fridge freezer and freezer to try and get them both to the right temperature, so far we seem to be heading in the right direction. 

IMG_0692

Having worked hard throughout the morning, I took the afternoon off and went out with my camera. The local airfield was busy with planes taking gliders up. I can imagine the view was stunning today with such a clear view and blue sky.

IMG_0721

The bird feeders I put out have had plenty of visitors, this Great Tit seems to be the boss, he is always shoving others off the feeders. Marmite has found it all very entertaining, as she sits on the worktop watching then through the galley window. You can see other photographs I have taken at Canalside Flora and Fauna. The afternoon is now heading towards the evening and I have a Chicken curry to cook, so I will bid you farewell for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails